I know it's August, but pumpkin bread sounded so good today. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and altered it a bit to make it healthier (but I did add chocolate chips to half of the batch- yum!). If you're not into the pumpkin thing just yet, try these in a couple of months and let me know how you liked them.
1-2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1/3 cup apple sauce
1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin puree
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup white flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
chocolate chips (I recommend lots)
Add ingredients in order listed, stiring after each one. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. This recipe makes about 16-18 muffins.
2 months ago
2 comments:
The muffins sound DELICIOUS! I am going to make them!
mmm...... muffins yummy
Post a Comment