Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bedtime routine

Dallin's bedtime routine is just too funny. I have told Michael that some kids don't love going to bed like Dallin loves going to bed and he just doesn't believe me. So here's the routine: after Dallin has his bath and brushes his teeth, we watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (he loves the Choir. He won't watch Sesame Street, but he'll watch the Choir), say prayers, and then he will immediately begin saying goodbye and waving to whomever is in the room (sometimes it is to nobody, sometimes it is to the picture of the Savior on the wall). Then either Michael or I will take him back to his room while singing a song to him (he has recently learned to sing along). Once we reach his room, he flings his body almost out of our arms toward his crib (that is our cue to put him in his bed) and as we try to finish the song, he will push us away from his crib and say "bye-bye!". He will repeat this over and over until we are out of the room. After that, we don't hear another peep from him until the next morning. He does the same thing for his nap during the day. What a little angel.

6 comments:

Jen-ben said...

Oh my goodness...can I have him? He's so dang cute Mel!

Anonymous said...

What a dream boy! You're a wonderful mom, too!

Anonymous said...

Dinosaur Jammies! Those are my favorite! I love his chunky legs!

easleyfamily said...

Oh my goodness, he is so adorable! kiss his cute little face for me :)

Jamie said...

Mel Hi!!!! I am such a slacker and just checked my blog today for the first time in a month. I'm so happy to hear from you! And I love your blog you are so funny! I miss you! And Dallin is adorable! Sorry that was a lot of exclamation marks but I'm just so glad to hear from you! Keep in touch...

Anonymous said...

hey its me again he is so cute im going to keep him