Friday, November 2, 2007

Watch out, Captain Jack!

Dallin was a very cute, but very scary, pirate for Halloween.

All pirates carry around their blankie, right?
Fishing for ducks at the ward trunk-or-treat.

"Mom, you seriously need to stop following me around with that camera."
Dallin insisted we take his bike around the neighborhood to trick-or-treat. He would ride it up to the door each time and sit and wait for someone to give him candy. We tried to teach him how to say "trick-or-treat" but it just came out as "treat" (smart kid). He would then graciously say thank you. After going down a few streets, we headed home to hand out candy. We sat outside on lawnchairs with our bucket of candy and Dallin passed out the treats to the neighborhood kids. We had so much fun!

7 comments:

Missy said...

Dallin looks so fierce holding his pirate sword, wearing his pirate hat, and carrying his treasures!

Nancy said...

Dallin's the cutest pirate I've ever seen! I can't wait to give him a hug in person!!!
Grandma McKay :)

Anonymous said...

Dallin is so darn cute! He is a pretty scary pirate! I can't wait to give him a hug too!

Jessica McKay said...

Dallin looks great. I like him asking for treats and skipping the trick part. Anne's first Halloween she said,
"Candy please!" at every house.

We have that same bike. Anne would have joined Dallin on the bike ride--this cold weather is going to kill her.

Jen-ben said...

Holy cuteness!! I'll have a sword fight with him anyday!

easleyfamily said...

Has there ever been a cuter pirate? I don't think so...but also very scary! :)

Fowler family said...

Mel, Dallin is so cute! What a fun costume! And you look gorgeous! You never change, just always your pretty self! Lucky! :)