Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday cookies

Michael and I decided to make cookies this afternoon. So, how hard can cookies be? Basic chocolate chip! After 10 min. of baking we opened the oven and were completely puzzled at how they turned out. We went back to the recipe on allrecipes.com and studied it wondering what we could have done wrong. I thought it was the butter I used; Michael thought he mixed it too long. Strange. Perplexed, we went back into the kitchen to scrape off the substance burned into the pan (we kind of made caramel on accident). About 5 minutes later I noticed something on the counter. I started laughing so hard I almost. . . well, you know. Sitting on the counter in a separate bowl was the sifted mixture of flour, baking powder and baking soda. yep- we forgot to add it into the blended mixture of liquids. We felt so awesome. We joked that we should give the allrecipes.com author a bad review because it was not SPELLED out in the recipe that we should COMBINE all ingredients before baking.

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What else is there to say? Wow.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Missy on this one.

Jen-ben said...

Looks like everything you make....

Natalie said...

Hahahaha! I needed that story! Thank you.

Emily said...

That is hilarious! How did they taste? :) You should email the author and tell her to S-P-E-L-L everything out! Not everyone who uses that website is a chef! (Like me . . .I'm still learning the whole cooking thing)

Rachel said...

What a hilarious story- I bet the "caramel cookies" would have still tasted great! Hope you guys are doing good otherwise! :)

Linda said...

Melanie, that is soooooo funny! You make me laugh!

Fowler family said...

That's so funny!

The spinach smoothie sounds good!

Fowler family said...

Okay Mel,
I just got done linking to that friend's blog who had the daughter, Ava die. I am in tears. What a sad, sad story. Such a reminder of how precious our little kiddos are, and how you can't take a moment for granted.

Anonymous said...

You guys crack me up, there's never a dull moment in your household, that's for sure! Let's get together soon....I'll bring the cookies.

easleyfamily said...

Missy said it perfectly! :)