Monday, April 28, 2008

More Taylor pictures

I have been a bit out of touch with the world for the past few weeks, so I figured it was time for an update. Taylor is almost three weeks old! Aside from the fact that he is not sleeping as much as he probably should, he is doing very well. He was a bit spoiled his first two weeks of life because he was held around the clock (see pics below). My mom, Missy, and Michael are amazing and took shifts holding him due to his "back problem" as my mom called it. His "back problem" refers to the fact that if ever he is set down in his crib, in a swing, in his car seat, on the couch- where no one is holding him- he starts screaming. Even if he is asleep, he will wake up pretty fast. We finally figured out that he actually does well to be swaddled, so everyone is sleeping a bit more. The first few weeks have been crazy, but wonderful. I am so grateful to my mom, Missy, and Michael for everything they have done. I seriously couldn't have survived without them. Dallin is still so sweet with Taylor. He loves to give Taylor his blanket, put the pacifier in his mouth, and even share his cereal with him (I left the room for seriously 30 seconds and when I came back Taylor had a piece of quaker oats cereal sticking half-way out of his mouth). Dallin also loves giving Taylor kisses and constantly asks to hold him (then after holding him for a few seconds says, "all done."). I love my boys!






Missy made this cute sign
Our sweet Dallin has been so good about the many changes going on right now. He actually may prefer his new and improved lifestyle. For example, I try to be really good about making sure he eats pretty healthy, but the other morning he woke up at 5:30 and wanted crackers for breakfast. So I handed him a pack of Ritz, put on Curious George and went back to bed. Not one of my finer moments, but he didn't seem to mind. He is such a good kid.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good to hear Taylor is doing better with his sleeping. Some people come by it naturally, (me, Mom...) others think they need to be held (Taylor) or wake up when the sun rises (Dallin)

I love seeing your pictures! He looks so much like Dallin!! He's such a good brother! He looks so cute in his tool belt!

Those boys are lucky to have you two as parents!

Emily said...

I love how your kid wanted to eat crackers at 5:30 in the morning! that cracks me up!

Taylor's back problem cracks me up too. Great pictures. Your kids are very cute.

Fowler family said...

Oh Mel, Taylor is so beautiful! What a little charmer! Congratulations, I am so happy for you guys. And that story about Dallin sharing his cereal is so cute. I remember feeling like I couldn't leave the 2 of my boys in a room alone together when Johnny was a wee one. Scared Jimmy would sit on him. They grow out of it luckily

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that things are going well and that Taylor is getting more sleep. He is a beautiful little guy! And how lucky is he to have Dallin for a big brother.

Oh. Doesn't everyone give their kids crackers for breakfast? Or whatever else they want? I guess I'm the only lazy mom out there.

Anonymous said...

I didn't catch the part about ritz crackers the first time I read it! That is so funny! At night, you should leave a trail of food leading to the TV to keep him occupied AT LEAST until the sun comes up and the rooster crows! I love the kid, but he doesn't share my love of sleep!

Linda said...

Taylor is so adorable! I can't wait to see you all! It's so nice to see you post some pictures. I'm glad that Taylor is doing better and you are getting some sleep. Dallin is so cute! What a wonderful big brother!
Love you guys!

Erin said...

Ok so I just found out you had a blog. I was dying to see what that new addition looked like and was thrilled to see the pics here. He is adorable!!! Of course Dallin is quite the cutie too, so I would not have expected anything less. Congrats on everything and I cannot wait to come over and see him in person! Glad to hear you are doing well. Love the early morning give them what they want experience. Anything for just that little extra sleep! You are great! Well take care and I will call ya next week to schedule a time I can swing by.

easleyfamily said...

They are so sweet. We miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you again (hopefully very soon)! I see no reason why that cute little boy would ever need to be put down. I would hold him all day long :)

Auburn said...

thanks for the update . . . glad you are doing well! cannon has that same "back" problem. annoying!!

easleyfamily said...

I dreamed about your family last night, and I was holding Taylor!! I think its time for a visit :)

Jenna said...

Melanie, I'm so happy for you guys! Taylor looks adorable, another handsome little boy. I'm glad your mom was able to come help for a bit, that's so great. Let us know when we get to meet the little man!