For some reason Dallin loves to fling his mattress on the floor when he takes his nap. Sometimes I will find him sleeping on the floor with his blankets, but today I found him back in his bed, minus the mattress. Since he doesn't do this at bedtime, I have come to the conclusion that it is not that the mattress is uncomfortable, but rather that he has a strong need to destroy something before he can rest well for his mid-day nap. We finally removed Missy's queen size bed from his room last week because he kept pushing that mattress onto the floor as well. If you think that's impressive, you should see what he can do when he has a little bit of sugar in his system.
And then we have Taylor's sleep habits. He has been falling asleep gnawing on the crib posts the past few nights. I'll be honest, it kinda freaked me out the first time I walked in and saw him doing this but then I realized he is probably teething. I think it might be time to give up his swaddle so that he can gnaw on something else.

13 comments:
That is the funniest thing I have EVER seen!!!! HAHAHA I love it! Your kids are a couple of weirdies!!!
I called mom to look at the blog and now she is downstairs CACKLING!!!
Wow I would have never guessed Dallin had that streak in him...although they always say you have to watch out for those quiet types! And that is the most interesting way of teething I have seen yet...too funny!
Okay, Taylor is Hilarious! couldn't stop laughing when I saw the picture! Maybe he's hungry? :)
maybe if you fed him, he wouldn't have to eat his bed...they are so cute! That is hillarious!
So funny. Your boys are so cute. "The Bed Post Teether." I think you could get $10.00 for each. I hope splinters aren't a problem. Good think lead paint isn't used anymore.
Good to know I should watch out for that in my coming months!
I'm just figuring out that boys are different from girls. You should have told me this BEFORE I decided to go for #3. Your pictures are awesome! I will be laughing for days.
Ok that is hilarious . . . both dallin's need to destroy and henry's teething on the bed . . . WHILE SWADDLED!! I love it!
Hey there! That is too funny - Matthew did the same thing with his car bed mattress. He stopped taking naps at age two and had that same need to "destroy." :) He climbed onto the rocking chair one time and rocked so hard into the window that he broke it (why did we have it by the window?)...and of course this happened when he was supposed to be taking a nap. Anyway, Taylor's teething habits are hilarious too. :)
Ok, is there seriously ANYTHING more entertaining than kids??? I LOVE all the funny things they do. Your kids crack me up, keep the awesome stories coming. I am writing this as our husbands are at the baseball game. :)
Sorry I had to leave a comment, but seriously I was laughing so hard when I read your post. My 3 year old Savannah is seriously destructive and the twins are just about done being swaddled, they eat everything (including their crib) too!
There is not a funnier picture in the world!
Post a Comment