What is your husband's name? Michael
How long have you been together? Married for 3 ½ years; knew each other for about 2 before that.
Who said I love you first? He did and it was incredibly romantic. We were watching sportscenter at my apartment and during a break he said those magic words. We still laugh about it to this day.
Who is smarter? Depends on the subject
Who does the housework? Mostly me, but he definitely does his fair share.
Who sleeps on the right? I do
Who pays the bills? Michael does. He is a numbers guy and loves concocting spreadsheets for our finances. He takes care of earning the money and paying the bills, I take care of spending it. It is a tough job.
Who cooks dinner? I do.
Who drives when you are together? Michael does unless we are late for church- then I drive.
Who is more stubborn? Probably me. I asked Michael this one and without hesitation he said, “oh, you, by far”.
Who kissed who first? I totally kissed him first!
Who asked out who first? Well, I don’t remember. We were friends for about a year before we even started dating, things just fell into place and we were suddenly together all of the time. I don’t really remember an official “first date”.
Who proposed? He did. We went up to Sundance and it was beautiful.
Who has more siblings? Michael has 3 siblings and I have 3 siblings plus 7 step-siblings.
Who wears the pants? We’re pretty equal on this one.
2nd tag:
TEN YEARS AGO. . . I was working in the customer service department at Franklin Covey and applying to be an EFY counselor for the summer. I can’t believe that was ten years ago! I feel so old! And it didn’t help the other day when Michael (who is 1 ½ years younger) says, “wow. You are almost 40.” Granted, I reach 30 this summer, but 40 doesn’t seem too far off.
FIVE PLACES I HAVE VISITED . . . Russia, Italy, England, Israel, and New York City. I loved to travel before I got married; now the only place I want to go is Disneyland because Dallin just loves it (okay, Michael and I love it too.)
ON MY TO-DO LIST. . . Have a baby, choose a name for the baby, get some sleep now before the baby comes, and finish reading books on how to get the baby to sleep at night (one would think I might know something after already having a child, but I still feel like a novice).
I ENJOY. . . Hearing Dallin laugh, watching Dallin and Michael play together, walking alongside Dallin when he says “hand” (meaning he wants to hold hands as we walk), date nights with Michael, living in a scorpion-free home (they scare me to death and our last home was a hub for the largest ones in AZ), going out to eat, reading, cycling (can’t wait to start up again in a couple of months), pastries, Arizona winters, being a mom.
THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW . . . 1) I eat raw garlic when I feel I’m starting to get sick (gross, I know, but it really does work), 2) I HATE flying (which is ironic since I used to love to travel. Now when I fly my palms sweat and if there is the least degree of turbulence I feel like I’m going to have a heart attack), 3) I would love to be great at photography someday.
THREE BAD HABITS . . . I bit my lower lip or pick at my fingernails when I’m nervous, eating too many sweets, I kill bugs with my shoes so it makes it look like people have been walking on our walls and ceiling; Michael can’t stand it.
5 JOBS I HAVE HAD. . . server at an Italian Restaurant, customer service, youth counselor, teacher, research assistant.
5 comments:
First to comment! yay! Are you guys loving your new furniture? I actually learned a lot about you guys... I thought I knew everything :)
Mel! I'm sure you can't wait to check off "have a baby" on your list! I have the BEST sleep book for you. You HAVE To read Good Night Sleep Tight by Kim West. It is a gentle approach to teach your child how to go to sleep, stay asleep, and wake up happy. A friend of mine introduced this book to me when Hannah was three months old. I started the program immediately and have had a wonderful sleeper since then! She currently goes to bed at 6:00 PM (I know this is early, but this is her optimal sleep window and she prefers to go to bed at this time) and sleeps straight through the night until 6:30 the next morning. No peeps, no crying, nothing. She also takes a two and a half hour nap during the day. We do what we call a "drop and plop in the crib". Wave bye bye and let her put herself to sleep. I latched onto this book like it was the bible and boy has it payed off! Several of my friends have had terrible sleep problems with their kids and honestly, I LOVE MY SLEEP so much, I would NEVER HAVE ANOTHER CHILD if my kid wasn't such an excellent sleeper. Her "putting herself to sleep skills" have totally paid off when we have traveled (which currently we live 1/2 way around the world so we have done our share of traveling with her), or need a night out. She will sleep in any crib, or pak n/ play at any hotel or anyones house. Check out the authors site at www.sleeplady.com You'll love all the extra sleep your getting!
It was fun to learn so many things about you and Michael that I didn't know. I'm so jealous that you have been so many places! That was a smart move.
30 is not old at all. (I have to look at it that way since Eric turns 40 this year and I'm not far behind).
I love you, but you forgot to mention how much I mean to you. :)
You do have a cute hubby! And the story about the vacuum and chair was so funny! Dallin is funny! Love you guys.
Post a Comment