2 months ago
Monday, March 10, 2008
The strangest thing just happened. . .
Dallin just went down for his nap without trying to sneak out of his room, without emptying his bookshelves, without throwing toys, diapers and wipes all over his room, without pulling his mattress off of his bed, without coloring his walls with a red crayon (not sure how that ended up in his room), without jumping on his bed and slamming into the wall just to get me to come into his room, without climbing to the top of his changing table and opening a tube a desitin just to see how fun it is to paint with the white creamy stuff, without tipping over his shelf of clothes, without pooping in his diaper and trying to change it himself, and without taking off his clothes and diaper and running through the house as I chase him (I didn't let him see me laugh). As you can see, his nap time routine for the past several MONTHS has lasted sometimes up to two hours just to get him to fall asleep. When he didn't come out even once today and I didn't hear any loud crashes, I had to go check on him to make sure he was still breathing. I found him sound asleep! So today I share with you the small miracle that took place at the McKay home because I don't think it will ever happen again and I want to document this momentous day. Hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
FIRST! HA HA! It's nice to know Dallin IS human! He is such an angel, it's good to see he isn't perfect. :) Except that he really is! What did you do differently to get him to take a nap on the first try?
YAY!!!!!!!!!
That is so great!!! You are going to let me know what you did different :) I am back so we are going to have to take you up on the game night! Also which night this weekend are you wanting to go out? Call me...or I will see you in passing :)
Congratulations! It is amazing how those little things can be so great! Way to go, Dallin!
Mel! How exciting! He looks so peaceful, sleeping sideways in his toddler bed! Love the bed btw . . .
RAD. I hope it's a new beginning. Sleep is such a beautiful thing...it's my hobby.
That's so great Melanie! We haven't even tried putting Cyrena into a big bed. It's in the garage, but I'm not ready. I don't think she is either though because she LOVES her crib and doesn't even attempt to get out of it. So I think I'll keep her in there as long as possible. I do have the worries of what she will do in her room if she can get out of her bed. I'd probably have to lock her in there and wear ear plugs! His car bed is really cute! Are you going to have the boys share a room? I'm excited for you, let us know when the big day arrives.
Hahaha...that is a great day! I love finding a new blog too! I'm excited to see the new baby blog which should be any day:) Good luck with everything...you guys are great!
Yay Dallin! Wish my babies still napped...those are the best days! Take is easy! We love you guys!!
Ok - that's just funny. I'm so not looking forward to naptime when there is no crib! I am putting the baby in the pack and play until Lily can sleep in the "big girl" bed, and I'm dreading the move. Good to see you tonight and can't wait to see pictures of that baby boy of yours!
Oh, and your stroller post, I would highly suggest the Phil and Teds e3 buggy. It's small, turns easy, and works as a jogger! It can be a single or a double. We bought it when we had Lily and love it!
What a cute picture! I sure do miss and love him! He is a handsome little guy! I love the pictures! Keep them coming!
Love ya all!
Post a Comment