Monday, June 2, 2008

Utah visit

Taylor is very alert and loves just staring at people (especially his daddy). His vision must be getting clearer because he seems to be much more aware of his surroundings. He especially loves when Dallin gets right up in his face (which happens all the time because Dallin loves whispering things to Taylor- I wish I knew what he was saying! It is sweet, nevertheless). Dallin is taking his big brother duties very seriously because, as I have mentioned before, he wants to make sure Taylor is well-fed. We were on our way to visit Dallin's cousins the other day and I couldn't get Dallin to eat breakfast before we left so I toasted a couple of strawberry waffles and handed him one to eat on the way. 15 minutes later we arrive and I go to take out Taylor's car seat and find that he has waffle crumbs all over his mouth, down his shirt, and in his car seat. I scooped my finger through Taylor's mouth and only found a couple of crumbs so I don't think he actually ate any of the waffle. I laugh now looking back but I was a bit freaked out when it happened. I have since moved Taylor's car seat one seat over and Dallin is sorely disappointed; riding in the car will be so boring for him now.
Taylor meeting his cousin, Ryan Easley, for the first time.
We decided to have Taylor's blessing in Utah so that my family and Michael's parents (who were visiting from Seattle), and both sets of grandparents (McKay's and Flandro's) could be there. It was a great experience and I'm so glad that we could share it with our family.


The next day we celebrated Nancy's birthday at the Flandro's. This is Taylor with his great-grandmother, Marian Flandro
Riggs McKay and Taylor
Nancy and Dave with Riggs and Taylor (they will have a total of 4 grandsons born within 6 months of each other by mid summer- how fun!)
Megan, Anne, Riggs, Taylor and Dallin.

6 comments:

easleyfamily said...

We're glad you're here...stay forever!!!

Erin said...

Melanie glad you had such a great time on your trip and Taylor's blessing went well. I am sure your hubbie is glad you are back though. Taylor is such a cutie and getting big...and of course Dallin is the cutest too. I love how he has assumed the big brother role so well...hopefully that continues. Let's try and get together and let the kids play sometime.

Missy said...

so cute!!!

Linda said...

So fun to have you all here and were able to bless Taylor here! It was great. We love you guys! (love the story of Dallin feeding Taylor a waffle!) So cute!

Anonymous said...

It looks like so much fun. I wish we could have been there to meet the little guy. Who knows when we'll see you in person again?! I hope sometime soon. Your boys are adorable.

Jenna said...

How fun, I totally agree that it's important to bless babies with family if you can. I'm glad you're having a great visit up there!