Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dallinisms

Sometimes during prayers I open my eyes because I like to watch Dallin to see what he is doing. Well, we were in church a couple of weeks ago and during the prayer I opened my eyes to watch him and just as I did he opened his, looked at me and said in a not-so-quiet voice, "no, Mommy, like this." and closed his eyes to show me what we are supposed to do during prayers.

Dallin has developed a lot of compassion for Taylor the past couple of months. For example, if Taylor is crying, Dallin will let me know that Taylor is sad and will go over to him and start singing (I can't quite make out his song choice, but it is sweet nonetheless). His compassion is a bit short-lived though because if that doesn't calm Taylor down, Dallin will either start yelling to match the volume of Taylor's cries or try to out-do him. It's a pretty fun game they have going.

The other night at dinner as Dallin was eating he said, "mmmm. This is good." He then pointed to his food and asked, "you make this?" Yes, sweetie. The fairy who usually makes your meals wasn't able to come today.

We took my friend Heather to the airport the other day and on the way home Dallin asked, "Where did Heather go?" I told him she went to see her sister. "I want to see my sister" he responded. So I asked, "Do you want a little sister?" He thought about it for a second and then said, "Um... I want to go to the park."

5 comments:

Missy said...

I love that he loves that bat!!! Best, and worst $5.00 ever spent! Those are some handsome boys! I love them to pieces! Dallin does and says the funniest things! He cracks me up! Love you lots! See you soon!!

Ryan and Chelsea said...

I see you got a "Bob." How fun! Your boys are so cute!

Linda said...

How sweet! I love him! Thanks for the cute post.

Jenna said...

I love nothing more than reading about Dallinisms.

Anonymous said...

Dallin is so funny. Isn't it fun to see them grow and develop little personalities? Your boys are adorable.