Friday, November 7, 2008

Triathlon

The only thing that kept me from eating ALL of Dallin's candy on Halloween night after he went to bed was the fact that I would be doing this triathlon the next morning. Well, I survived and I loved it. A friend talked me into doing it and I have been training for the past 6 weeks. It was a nice motivation to get out and exercise and I have found that I actually enjoy running now (I have always loved biking but haven't done much of it since the kiddos came along). My cute cheering squad- made up of Michael, Missy, Dallin, and Taylor- were there rooting me on the entire time. It made my day to look across the pool and see Dallin frantically waving at me. I had a blast and would love to do another one. . . some day. :)

13 comments:

Auburn said...

AWESOME! Way to go Melanie. that's so great.

Heather J. said...

Congratulations! I am SO excited for you...I hope to do one someday so I'll be asking for your thoughts and advice. Awesome job, what an amazing woman!

Jeni said...

Impressive!!!! Way to go!

Missy said...

you are my hero!

Miller Fam said...

Mel you're amazing! Way to go!!!

Linda said...

Way to go Melanie! So proud of you, you had the best cheering group ever. Wish we could have been there.

Love you guys

Steph (and Bryant) said...

You go! Melanie that is awesome!!! That was my goal until I got pregnant...so after this baby I will join ya for another one!!!!

Noreen & Allen said...

Way to go Mel! That is awesome! I have your next triathlon for you. It's in May in St. George. Fly/drive up for it. It's one of my favorites. It's known to be a little harder (open water swim, a decent hill on the bike and some running in the sand) but it's a blast.
Train hard, Race fast, Keep Tri-ing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. Consider me giving you a big pat on the back. You are my hero.

Rachel said...

Congrats- thats/you're amazing! Way to go!

Jeanne said...

My daughter the jock! Like mother, like daughter. I too live to exercise. My happiest moments are when I am sweating like a pig after victoriously completing a triathlon.

Way to go!

Love,
Mom

easleyfamily said...

Way to go Mel!!! You ROCK!

Jenna said...

You are amazing! I don't think anyone could talk me into one of those, but way to go you! I love your mom's comment. :)