Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas in Utah




Hayride! It was FREEZING but lots of fun. Chan put a Christmas tree on top of his durango, rolled down the windows, and blasted Christmas music as we drove through the surrounding neighborhoods. You'll have to ask Missy about the rest of the ride. . . I laughed so hard I was seriously crying.

It is a tradition in our family to eat black eyed peas on New Year's day- it's supposed to give you luck for the rest of the year. It probably doesn't hurt either to start off the year with biscuits and gravy, buttermilk pancakes and bacon. We met at Cracker Barrel and then headed up to Daniel's Summit for snowmobiling (pictures to come)

Michael's mom, Nancy, spent Christmas in Utah and we loved being able to spend time with her. She left the crazy snow storms of Seattle to tackle the snow storms of Utah. Maybe next year we'll talk her and Dave into a Phoenix vacation. :) We missed Dave, who had to stay back in Seattle, but we look forward to seeing both of them this summer! It was great to see you, Nancy!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Christmas was so fun. Love your pictures!

Missy said...

These pictures make my heart happy!

Missy said...

All I did on the hay ride was kick over a garbage can... Mob mentality. everyone was chanting me on... I thought it would make me popular.

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures. It was great to see you guys there.