Monday, July 27, 2009

Sure, they look innocent. . .



The other night I overheard Dallin telling Missy "I'm going to eat you and it will make me so happy."

Last night Taylor was angry with me because I brought him inside to give him a bath. So he runs to the toilet, sticks his hands in the water and turns around giving me a look of, "In your face, mom".

Then the other day Missy was holding him and asked him to point to her eyes. He slowly started to point to her face but half-way there wound up his hand and quickly slapped her face instead. Poor Missy, she totally got sucker-slapped. I was watching this and it caught me by such surprise that I just laughed, which DOES NOT reinforce that slapping is a bad thing. I don't know where he learns this aggressive behavior- maybe it's a survival skill necessary with having an older brother.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

I love your stories, they are so awesome! Where do they come up with this stuff? Whenever I ask Cyrena where she came from (cause she's so crazy) she simply says "from Heaven" But I'm not so sure about that.

melanie said...

Sorry Missy but how could anyone NOT laugh. Sounds hilarious! It's so hard to keep a straight face sometimes/all the time. HAHA, good story for sures.

Missy said...

It sort of took my breath away when he slapped me cuz he caught me off-guard, but when I realized what happened, I couldn't stop laughing! He saw an opportunity and took it! Those boys are characters!

Bonnie Bennett said...

Mel,
Your boys are awesome beyond belief and I can't imagine them doing anything but sweet things continually! They were so fun to watch at the reunion and I love seeing the pictures and hearing about your adventures with them. You are an awesome Mom! They are lucky to have a "Aunt Missy" and a "Grandma Jeanne" too. They are very clever and loved little boys!!!

Staci said...

He's a sneaky one. I'll keep an extra eye on him :)

Bonnie Bennett said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MELANIE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Love you and hope your day is a great one!
Aunt Bonnie