Friday, September 19, 2008

A little help. . .

“It’s been about two months since I’ve worked out. I just don’t have the time. Which is odd, because I have the time to go out to dinner. And watch TV. And get a bone-density test. And try to figure out what my phone number spells in words.” -Ellen DeGeneres


So I have actually started running. I know, I know, it's seriously a miracle. The problem is, however, that my music selection as of late consists of classical music (to keep me sane as the kiddos scream in the back of the car) and children's music (to appease the crowds). I'm looking for suggestions for running songs because I'm pretty far from being hip. Any suggestions????

10 comments:

Julie's Journal said...

The Rocky soundtrack. It's all you need. No joke. Lila was born to Rocky Balboa and look what a fighter she is. Let's run a half marathon together in the spring. It will give us the excuse to eat lots of pasta the night before.

Mel said...

Julie- Rocky is a great idea. Just thinking of it makes me want to jog up a few flights of stairs. I'll have to think about the half marathon. . . but the answer is yes on the pasta the night before.

Linda said...

Back to running?! Good for you. I'll just have to stick to walking...as far as the music goes...not much help for you there! On my ipod I have the beatles, arrowsmith, anne murray and Kenneth Cope (to name a few) and they all make my walks plesant!

Nancy said...

Jogging, I'm proud of you! If you still want classical I have a CD that I use at school of classical pieces that are all 120 beats per minute - its great! Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you the information.

Missy said...

Chariot's of Fire!!!

Fowler family said...

Melanie,

I started working out for the first time in years last week. I get together with a group of other MBA spouses and their double strollered kids. It is fun. I honestly haven't excercised though since that time you came to go on a little jog with me and my newborn son Jimmy (way back in 2205). Sad huh.

I am so proud of you running and all even with such a little guy still. WOW!

Jenna said...

It's going to sound weird, but all the 70's music is quite entertaining. ABBA is awesome!! I'm with you though, classical music is what I listen to during naptime, it keeps me sane!

mandy said...

Hey Melanie, I thought I would give you a great website that I use to download everything for FREE! Everyone's music preference is different and classical stuff is not what pumps me up so I don't think you'd like my musical selection. Anyways this site is great and you can listen to the song before downloading. It's www.fleatunes.com

Noreen said...

I've been thinking about this and I have a list. What I may do is list a couple here and then post the rest on my blog.
Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne (I love this song)
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
You Really Got Me - Van Halen
Elevation - U2
Lady - Lenny Kravits
Lets Get It Started - Black Eyes Peas

I'll list more on my blog. I'll try and have a play list so you can hear them. Congrats on running! Keep it up. I wish we lived closer so we could go together like the good old days.

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Connor and some good workout music is a little Bon Jovi. Dont trust me? I've been going to the gym a few times a week(I mean pumping iron!) and I'm allready about to surpass Mr.Schwartzenegger, Arnald, The Governator,etc. If you know what I mean. yeah so there ya go love ya bye