This is my newest find in the area of health books and I just can't put it down or stop thinking about it. I know that one of the reasons cancer rates are on the rise is because the average human is living longer, but I am convinced that environmental factors also play a huge role in getting, fighting, and possibly preventing cancer. Here is an excerpt from the book:"Since 1940 the number of cancers has increased in all industrialized countries. This trend, which has picked up speed since 1975 is particularly striking the young. In the United States between 1975 and 1994, the cancer rate in women under forty-five has risen by 1.6 percent a year and even more in men (1.8). . . Cancers in children and adolescents are are among those that have risen the most since 1970."
Cancers in younger women and children were almost non-existent sixty years ago. The book explains things in our environment that have been introduced around that time that are causing so many health problems. I love this book because it covers the different aspects of cancer -biology behind it (which actually makes sense), specific environmental triggers and why and how they affect our bodies, steps for creating an anticancer environment- so much great information- ie: foods we should be eating and those we should be avoiding). I am not of the mindset that we need to live in a bubble and fear everything in our environment because some things are out of our control, but this book has helped me realize small changes I can make to improve my heath and that of my family. As I read the book I just keep thinking about how I want everyone I know to read it (they have it at Costco or you can borrow my copy if you're interested). Let me know what you think if you do read it.
1 comment:
You are quite convincing little lady! I'm planning on reading it! I'm curious to find out more about WHAT cancer really IS. Also, I'm curious to read about cell phones and cell phone towers! We have a cell phone tower on our school property and I have been noticing that the kids have been running into walls a lot. I wonder if it's related...
Post a Comment