Thursday, January 22, 2009

Emergency preparedness



Our Stake had an emergency preparedness activity this past Saturday and I just want to share some of the resources I picked up. **A few people said the links weren't showing up, so to see the links just roll your mouse below each of the following three paragraphs (you should see pandemic preparedness, 3months supply, and sister savings)**

This is a site from the Church on what to do if a pandemic hits (The BYU Idaho clip is really informative too. Hopefully something like this will never happen again, but I figure it is better to have the knowledge about it now rather that panic if it does happen).
Pandemic preparedness

Here is the blog of the instructor for the 3 month supply class. She has handouts and some good tips for food storage. She just started the blog but will continue to post even more in the coming weeks.
3 month supply

This has long-term storage ideas, recipes, local sales, and gardening info: Sister savings

Does anyone have any other tips or resources that have helped?

3 comments:

Linda said...

Great post Melanie! Emergency preparedness is something we all should be doing. If we are prepared we will not fear!
I don't see the lady's blog address though.

Missy said...

I love those recipes!

Erin A said...

Hey, I really enjoyed the meeting too. Could I get a copy from you of the recipes? I didn't come home with that one...